Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sweet Thank You!


I created this card for today's color challenge: CC149 - Rosey Apricots. The challenge to use this color combo: rose red, apricot appeal, mellow moss. I pulled the cardstock out this morning and just layed it on the table..... and there is sat most of the day. I thought to myself *wow! now that's just ugly* - definitely NOT appealing. kwim? So, as the day passed and I worked on other things I kept thinking about these colors and how I needed to make several thank you card for gifts my son received this past weekend at his 3rd bday party. I figured if anything else... I could easily get rid of all of that apricot appeal cardstock that is NOT appealing to me! *argh* In the end, I am surprised with how well it turned out.. After checking out the CC149 gallery, I decided to keep the mellow moss to a minimum and only used it to color part of the stamped image. I also used liquid applique (my new favorite embelly) and some glitter to make the icing on the cake puffy and sparkly. Sentiment reads "That was so sweet of you!" I'm also trying out a new size.. found a different size envelope at Walmart, so this card measures 3x6. I've decided to share the recipes for my cards here, for those of you who may be inspired to make your own..



RECIPE:
  • Paper: rose red, apricot appeal, whisper white


  • Ink: basic black, rose red, apricot appeal, mellow moss


  • Stamps: sweet of you


  • Accesories: ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, liquid applique, crystal fine glitter by Martha Stewart, cuttlebug, swirl embossing folder



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin