Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CRABS!

So, after a long and wonderful holiday weekend, I wanted to stamp for fun! I looked at the challenges for the week, and not to be one who wants to miss ANY! I decided to combine a few.
Well, with all of the synchronized swimming at the tea party, I wanted to make a crab card. Let's face it, summer is here, I want to go to the beach, and I want to eat crabs.. and since I'm not at the beach - YET! I figured I could do the next best thing and bring some crabs to the tea party. The crabs could also serve double duty by encouraging Syd and her students to keep their bodies at the top of the water... so that card may yet be created, stay tuned.  If you have NO idea what I am talking about, see Cindy's post for this week's Teapot Tuesday here.  I'll bet you have never seen quite a teapot like the one she is sharing this week!
Since I combined the tea party with the color challenge, I couldn't figure out how to make red crabs work, so instead I used some of my newly purchased primas - thank you to my parents and students for the wonderful gift card to ACMoore - you know what I LOVE!
I also made this for the CAS challenge to scrunch and fold my ribbon and used this weeks MOJO sketch!
Thanks for looking... and keep a look out for the crabs - they may be arriving soon!

Additional Info
Stamps: SU
Paper: basic black, whisper white
Ink: stazon
Accessories: ribbon, punches, embossing folders, ticket corner punch, bling, primas

1 comment:

Monica Hunter said...

Wow - that's gorgeous Beverly! I've never seen a ribbon treatment like that (I don't get out much) -- it looks SO cool! -- as does the mixed embossing. Beautiful work! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin