Saturday, December 5, 2009

DECORATING THE TREE!! - bc


I love this time of year - going out to get a tree, then bringing it home to decorate is one of my favorite things. The kids are super excited this year, and it was so neat to hear them talk about various ornaments and to remember making certain ones. There once was a time when I painted ceramic ornaments and made beautiful bows.... well, I don't have time for that anymore, but I also enjoyed looking over the ones I painted in the past and placing them on the tree. The tree is about as far as we have gotten with the decorating. I also have a small ceramic village that I hand painted one year (bc - before children, when I had the time to do that sort of thing - LOL). When I get that set up, I'll share photos of that as well. It was time consuming, but worth it in the end. I also set up my ever growing snowman collection on the mantle (some I've bought, some given to me as gifts, some I made, and others I painted) and my Santa collection in the large window by the stairs (I'll show that later). We are beginning to get into the spirit around here, and I am really trying not to become overwhelmed and caught-up in things that don't really matter.
All the best for a wonderful Christmas season for you and your family!!
Inky hugs,

3 comments:

Tabby said...

Such a fun time of year! We've got snow here so it is feeling more and more like Christmas every day.

My tree is up and the stocking are hung but that is all I have for decorations so far. Not sure I will do much more.

Love that some of your ornaments are hand painted and made by your kiddos. I just love homemade things. Guess that is why we are crafters. LOL

Hugs and a Very Merry Christmas!

Michelle said...

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!! SURE DID MISS YOU NOT BEING AT THE MEETING ON SATURDAY. WORKING REALLY GETS IN THE WAY OF LIFE, DOESN'T IT??? HOPE YOU & YOURS HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND AN EVEN GREATER NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

well how fun getting the tree up with the whole family Beverly!! where'd you get the blond kids?!?!? LOL!!! must be DH huh??!?!?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin