Thursday, July 2, 2009

GETTIN' MY "VERVE" ON!



I made this for Wednesday's sketch challenge. This is my very first card made using Verve stamps.. I must say.. they are a wonderful, high-quality acrylic. I decided to do some paper piecing with some dsp that I have had for years.

This is also for the SCS Fan Club Gallery... the theme is "firsts".. Way back when I worked for RE/MAX, we would hire the guy to come and bring the hot air balloon and fly it over the area as a form of advertising. The entire process it amazing. I was the one who helped chase the balloon, after all the guys weren't familiar with our area, roads, etc. So, I helped the chase driver keep up with the balloon and get to wherever it landed. It was so fun. I even had the opportunity to go up in it a time or two. If you've never ridden in a hot air balloon, then put it on your list of things to do. There is nothing else like it. It seems as though you are floating along in the clouds.

Thanks for looking!

Additional Info
Stamps: Up, Up & Away by Verve
Paper: whisper white, real red, night of navy, various dsp
Ink: stazon
Accessories: bling brad, ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin