Tuesday, June 3, 2008

5-SET SAMPLER SWAP

I thought I would share the cards I recieved in a 5-Set Samper Swap... this is a swap that I participate in monthly with some local demos (SU Little Debbies). They are a terrifically talented group of women, who never cease to amaze, surprise, and inspire me. I just love these cards... Check them out...




















This is a mini-scrapbook that Sherri showed us how to make. It is so simple, with a big WOW effect. I just love this little scrapbook. Directions follow.





To make this scrapbook (as shared by Sherri)...
INSIDE
  1. Take one piece of 12x12 cardstock and score it at 3, 6, & 9 inches. Turn it to the side and score again at 3, 6, & 9 inches, so you have 16 even squares.
  2. Next cut the cardstock, and fold each square accordian style. Set aside.
  3. You may want to tape the back of the pages together so they hold together well.

COVER

  1. Take designer paper, and cut 2 pieces 4 1/4 c 4 1/4
  2. Take a coordinating color cardstock and cut 2 pieces 3 1/4 x 3 1/4
  3. Attach one piece of cardstock to the back of each piece of the designer paper in the center.
  4. Cut off corners of the designer paper down to the corner of the plain cardstock. (Keep corners to decorate inside pages)
  5. Using tacky tape, fold in the sides of the designer paper down to the cardstock. This gives a finished look to the edges of your cover.
  6. Lay the two covers about 1/2 inch apart and take a long piece of ribbon and apply your adhesive directly to the ribbon and attach it to the back side of the cover. This makes your binding.
  7. Next you attach the pages to the cover using tacky tape. When putting the book together, try to line up the covers rather than centering the pages to the cover. (This also holds the ribbon in place).
  8. Decorate the cover and pages as desired.

Thanks for looking!




1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh they are all so cute!! I can't wait to see them in person!!! I wish I was able to go to the meetings!! That mini scrapbook looks so adorable! I am going to have to try and make it!! Thanks for posting these! It's sort of like being at the meeting???

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin