Tuesday, June 24, 2008

CELEBRATE USA



I made this card for a fun challenge group that I am a part of - the DDC (Double Dare Challenge). This week it was Joanne's (aka sleepyinseattle) turn to issue the challenge. Her challenge was to make a patriotic card with either stars or stripes or both. Well, here it mine. I had such fun creating this and love the way that it turned out. I stamped the star from fun and fast notes, then colored it with real red and brillliant blue. I added brads in the center of the stars and then doodled some swirlies around to give the impression of fireworks and to fill in some of that white space. I also used my sakura glitter pen on parts of the stars for some sparkle. I folded the card so that part of the inside show and this is where I stamped "celebrate" from the wonderful words set in real red, then jazzed it up with some blue dots. Thanks for looking!


Additional Info
Stamps: fun & fast notes, wonderful words
Paper: whisper white, not quite navy, dp unknown
Ink: stazon
Accessories: SU! markers, ribbon, brads


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the patriotic card. Make me one or 2.Love Mom

nancyruth said...

I love the way you folded this card as well as your bright and vivid stamping on it. Very festive and exuberant!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh this is SO FUN! I love the stars, bling in the middle and the ribbon -too cute!

Hugs from your DDC bloggin friend, michelle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin