Monday, September 29, 2008

COLOR-WASHED BATIK..

I made this for today's technique challenge. What a super fun challenge. As I do not have sprayers, I just used my paintbrushes, which gave me more control. After embossing, I washed the tree in kiwi kiss. I started with a lighter wash, but decided I wanted more pop, so I added more ink. I then washed the background in baja breeze - a very light wash loaded with lots of water, while this was still wet. I dipped my paintbrush directly into a drop of pacific point and lightly touched the top my brush to the top of the paper, as it was already very wet it started to spead out I lifted the paper slightly so that the darker blue would run and spread out down the paper. I then stamped the smaller snowflakes in ridinghood red, cut then out, added some tiny bling to the centers and popped then up. I took my sakura glitter gel pen and went over the red flakes for some sparkle and added dots to the pacific point to look like tiny, twinkling stars (you may not be able to see these, it is very subtle, but has a beautiful effect). I skipped the last step of ironing onto printer paper. I liked how it looked and was afraid I would mess it up - LOL! So, I'm curious, how does the last step change the image?
Thanks for looking!

Additional Info
Stamps: snow swirled
Paper: ridinghood red, kiwi kiss, cold-pressed watercolor
Ink: versamark, kiwi kiss, baja breeze, pacific point, ridinghood red
Accessories: bling, sakura gel pen, clear ep, paintbrush
Techniques: water-color batik


3 comments:

Riley said...

Beverly,

Wow! This came out beautifully!! I didn't have any reinkers to do today's technique... bummer!

My grandparents live in Lynchburg, so I go there often!

stampinsilvia said...

Ohh I love how this turned out! Looks just like a nights sky! Perfect!

I did the technique but the card is top secret! LOL I can't show it till next week!

P.S. I tagged you on my blog!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I like this technique! your sky turned out great. Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin