Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SUNSET AT SEA...

I have been inspired by so many wonderful cards made with this set... I love several that I have seen with the masked sunset.
Thanks for looking.

Additional Info
Stamps: Sail Away
Paper: early espresso, whisper white, not quite navy, kraft, DCWV mat pack
Ink: stazon, early espresso, baja breeze, not quite navy, kraft, summer sun
Accessories: top note die, brads, nestability
Techniques: masking, sponging

I have been visiting  my parents the last few days.  Yesterday, we went out on the boat to New Point Comfort Lighthouse.  On the way we saw a massive pod of porpoise feeding.  Before we knew it, we were in the middle of all of the action.  It was very exciting to watch and the kids were so excited to see the porpoises jump up out of the water.  Needless to say, porpoise feeding = little to no fishing for us.  While trying to anchor the boat, I managed to get the propeller hung on a crabpot bouy.  Dad had to jump in and cut the line, we did tie it back.  After we sorted out that tangled up mess, we began to fish... and wait... and wait.. a tug.. a bigger tug.. reel it in.  DANG crab!  We did come away with a couple of Taylor Blues, a few mullet, and some tiny croakers.  We threw the croakers back.  I spent most of my time having my bait stolen by crabs ~sigh~.  After our second batch of squid mysteriously fell overboard, we decided it was time to head home.  Needless to say, it was an adventuresome trip.  The highlight being the porpoises. 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin