Thursday, May 29, 2008

GET PACKING

I made this for today's Ways to Use It Challenge - Get Packing. With this challenge you could go 2 different directions - make a card using packing tape, etc, etc.. or take a spin on the challenge and use vacation-themed stamps. I decided to use my bikahbabeabella along with a CTMH stamp from the Get Away set. With gas prices hanging over her head like a dark and ominous cloud, my bella chose to take her bike and go cross-country using scenic routes...Thanks for looking!

Additional Info
Stamps: bella, CTMH get away stamp set
Paper: whisper white, basic black, dp by K&Company
Ink: jet black stazon, night of navy, summer sun
Accessories: SU! markers, clear sp (for sentiment), circle cutter, ribbon

As I was coloring my bella, I was thinking about our plans for the summer and the price of gas... something that I actually think about far more than I'd like to. With this in mind, I thought that this card better represents our vacation plans for the summer.
While I was out of town this weekend, I got to go through my friend Laura's stamps (which are terribly neglected - LOL).. so I snagged a few sets that are going to "vacation" with me this summer. The CTMH Get-Away stamp set was perfect for today's WT challenge... Those stamps were sooo happy to see some ink. Tomorrow I may do something with a turtle! If you are reading this Laura, thanks for the loan of your stamps.. they say to tell you hello and that they like it here! - ha!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Hahahahaha love your out of gas card! I feel the same way.

Way great coloring on the biker bella! She is just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev, I like Bella, too but am still packing to go to my sisters in the morning. I'll chat with you when I get back and hopefully you can bring the kids for a week or so. Love ya'll. oh, call Dad & sweety; they're staying home...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin