Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some NOT so WILD Animals, a CARD, and an update on BLACKJACK


On Monday I went with my DD, Sarah, on a much anticipated field trip to the Virginia Safari Park. It threatened to rain most of the day and was a bit chilly..which was great because all of the animals were quite active, not to mention hungry.. Here is a peek at some of the animals we encountered.. and we did literally "encounter" them. We rode on a wagon pulled by a tractor through the park. Our driver stopped several times so that the animals could come up and we could feed them. Everyone got a bucket with some pellet feed in it... The only animal who could not fit it's head into the bucket was the buffalo.. This however didn't deter them and we found out they have very loooong tongues. We fed them by holding our fists above their heads and dropping pellets down onto their super-long, super-slimey tongues. The kids really loved it when they stuck their tongues down their nostrils to retrieve any pellets that happened to go that way. I was just so glad that he didn't sneeze on us. Lots of giggles and "oooo, that's nasty".. followed by.. let me try it to touch my nose with my tongue. The cutest thing we saw was some baby pot-bellied pigs. They are so tiny, I don't know how they kept from getting trampled by some of the larger animals. Yikes... I didn't want to see any smushed bacon bits, if you know what I mean. Another highlight was getting to pet a baby kangaroo and holding an ostrich egg. By the way, camels not only spit, but they also will steal your food bucket!
























Now.. on to the card. I made this card for Tuesday's color challenge and Wednesday's Sketch Challenge. I used an image sent to me by my DSS. Thanks! I just love little Lola from Sugar Nellie. She is so sweet. Thanks for looking.


Additional Info
Stamps: "Lola with Flowers" by Sugar Nellie
Paper: whisper white, basic black, SU! dp, non-SU blue, only orange
Ink: jet black stazon
Accessories: SU! markers, sakura gel pen, signo white gel pen, label punch, primas, brads, ribbon






So, the Humane Society called us and told us that Blackjack had been exposed to Parvo.... poor thing. He is in isolation, and since we do not want to risk the health of our dearly, beloved Snuggles, we will not be taking him. I hope he makes it through and that another family will adopt him. Some good news, is that later today we are going to see a big boy hound named BJ. He is in foster care and is looking for a forever home. He is house-trained, crate-trained, neutered, and UTD on his shots.... The only downer is that he is a big boy, weighing in at 86 lbs. I am hoping that he is a gentle giant. So, will let you know tomorrow after we go check him out tonight.. wish us luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin