Thursday, July 17, 2008

COOTIES....

...that is what we call germs around here. I know in some parts folks refer to head lice as cooties; however, this is not the kind of cooties that my DS, Andrew, shared with me (thank goodness). He shared his coughing, aching, stuffy-head, runny-nose cooties with me before heading off to Grandma and Papa's for the week. I am starting to feel better now. The coughing has subsided and made way for the constant sneezing and nose that drips like a leaky faucet (imagine me going around the house with a tissue stuck up my nose). Disgusting right, but I gotta plug it up some kinda way so that I can get "stuff" done! At least my headache is gone.

So, that explains where I have been.. now onto the good stuff..... cards!!!! Yipee!!



My wonderful friend and neighbor Edith let me borrow this cootie stamp.. Isn't it so fun! I made this get well card to give to anyone who came to my class Monday night and caught my cooties (that DS shared with me before leaving for a week with my parents)... I sure do hope none of those ladies left with my germs... and how appropriate that Edith brought this stamp with her that night! hahaha! I used goo gone instead of mineral spirits or gamsol for blending the colors of my pencils.. works great and has a nice citrus smell!

Additional Info
Stamps: cooties by Michel & Company ALL NIGHT MEDIA
Paper: gp white, basic black, almost amythyst, so saffron, summer picnic dsp
Ink: stazon
Accessories: SU! watercolor pencils, blending stump, goo gone, brads, paper piercer, SU! marker
Techniques: paper piercing, faux stiching




B is for Beestamper! I finally took my DIY JustRite Monogramer out of timeout! I played with it when I first got it and wasn't pleased with the results.. Lo and behold, Michelle challened the DDC to make an alphabet card. Out comes the monogramer. This time it stamped a clear image! Hooray! I think it has to do with the type of paper maybe and perhaps my heavy-handedness (is that a word?)... Now that I am feeling human again, I decided to catch up on this weeks challenges..Thanks for looking...

You can see the other cards by the Dare Challenge Girls HERE.

Additional Info

Stamps: canvas, JustRite Monogramer
Paper: gp white, SU! white (for monogram), non-SU! dp, basic black, so saffron, almost amethyst Ink: stazon, almost amythyst
Accessories: ribbon, circle cutter, scor-pal, rhinestone stickers
Techniques: grid

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I just love both of these wonderful cards! Fun little cooties - and love the scoring and great monogram!

Allison said...

I love the cooties card - too cute! That's what we call germs too!

Anonymous said...

Your cooties card is sooo cute! Love it!
I am loving all your cards...I don't visit often enough!! Hope your having a great summer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin