Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A DARE WITH SOME MOJO AND THE WEDNESDAY SKETCH

I am so far behind on the challenges for this week - argh! I have a sick kid this week and just when I thought he was getting better, he sounds even worse - poor fella! So, I finally just took some time to make these cards - real quick - which is probably why I am not so happy about them. They just seem sort of plain to me, but they will do, and if anything, my Mom will love them and she can have them. Thanks Mom.

Here is card #1

I made this card for my little DDC group. This week it was Charlene's turn to issue the challenge.. and boy was it a challenge for me. Her challenge goes something like this...
1. make a Christmas card
2. use brocade blue
Now, I have been eyeballing this sketch since it was posted on Monday. And I love it. I'm just not in the mood for Christmas and brocade blue is a boring color to me. It seems the more I tried to make this look Christmas-y, the more it didn't.. *rolleyes*.. oh well, it meets all of the requirements and it is done! You can see the other DDC card for this week HERE (they may not all be posted until week's end).

Additional Info
Stamps: elzybell
Paper: bashful blue real red, basic black, brocade blue
Ink: stazon
Accessories: SU! markers, ribbon, circle punch, stickles


Onto card #2

This card I like a little more, but still don't love - kwim. It is ok, just doesn't really *pop* for me. I love the sketch issued by Cindy aka Mothermark. What a fun and different sketch. And I have wanted to use this Fresh Cuts set since I got it.

Additional Info
Stamps: fresh cuts
Paper: whisper white, garden green, non-SU dp
Ink: stazon
Accessories: SU! markers, ribbon

So, thanks for looking and have a Happy Hump Day.. I hope tomorrow that I will be able to make something I like. I knew I shouldn't have cleaned my room, but my parents are coming tomorrow and I have to clean before they get here.. (shhhh, don't tell my Mom about the mess!) Maybe tomorrow I will have some more mojo... and maybe tonight I will actually get some rest - Andrew too, altho he doesn't seem to be as affected by lack of sleep like I am. One of the many benefits of being a 3 yo.


2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Sorry you have a sick kid! hope he's feeling better!! Nice job on your Christmas card - love the Elzybell and use of the sketch!

and Wonderful stamps used on the SCS Sketch card! nice job!

Tabitha said...

Bev sorry to hear about A. I hope he gets better and you get your mess cleaned up before the company arrives~

I really like your Elzy card! I don't think he needs anything else it is just PERFECT

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin