Wednesday, July 6, 2011

JELLY AT THE HOEDOWN!!


Can it really be Wednesday already?!  Wednesday = HAMBO Hoedown, and today's challenge is to make a round card.  I used Jellyfish paired with the Jelly Good Fellow sentiment for my card.  I decided to make an aquarium with my card.  I sponged the background with soft sky, baja breeze, and not quite navy.  Next, I took a scrap of crumb cake and stamped my jelly upside down, making his tentacles into seaweed.  After that, I fussy cut, aka cussy cut, them out.. Then I had some coffee. haha!  I added that panel on my round card, then added some Muddpuddles sand and a few shells and rocks my son and I gathered from our last trip to the beach.  I used Crystal Effects to glue them on.  I just had to take a close-up picture.  It looks so cool in real life!
Next, I stamped jelly (this time right side up), in black craft and embossed with clear powder.  This allowed me to bleach him out.  I stamped him again, cut out his body, colored it, then attached with a dimensional.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a nestability and added it to the card. 

Now it's your turn!  Grab your Hambo rubber or digital images and create a circle card.  Follow the directions on the Hoedown Blog and get next week's featured digital image for FREE!! 
Thanks for stopping by, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Additional Info
Stamps:  HAMBO:  Jellyfish, Jelly Good Fellow
Paper:  white, crumb cake
Ink:  soft sky, baja breeze, not quite navy, old olive, poppy parade, summer sun, black craft
Accessories:  Muddpuddles sand, shells, nestability, clear embossing powder, bleach, crystal effects

7 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

You are SO CLEVER! I love that the seaweed is also the jelly's legs!! Beautiful coloring too, Beverly!!

Monica Hunter said...

Like Judy said - CLEVER! The coloring is perfect, and I LOVE the sand and shells. It's a beauty for sure! :)

Bonnie said...

LOVE your round card!! I laughed out loud at this sentiment and your comment "cussy" cutting!!

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute! I absolutely love the sand and shells on the bottom!

jeannieo said...

Hilarious! Love it :)

Dave said...

Bev thanks so much for using Mudd Puddles in your projects and Blog. Looks great I better send you some more. God Bless

Dave said...

Bev Thanks for using MuddPuddles in you projects. Your very talented.
God Bless

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin